Thursday, December 07, 2006

how an elf freezes her ass off

I'm going to be in the small town Christmas parade tonight. And freeze my ass off. At the moment, I'm not terribly thrilled at the thought of hanging off the side of a fire truck, hurling candy at small children. And the occasional cop. As I mentioned, it's cold. FREAKIN! cold. And I can't find my Santa hat. So now, I have to stop and get something to wear on my head, not only to keep from getting the ultimate brain freeze, but also so the other elf doesn't look like a dork. And trust me, she'll try to kick my ass if I don't show up with something. But it will be fun and maybe knock me out of this little.........funk?.............I seem to be experiencing. You know the drill...no baby, lots of work, parents who don't appreciate the children they do have. It is nice to see kids go crazy over a fat guy in a red velour suit. Oh, and did I mention that our particular Santa doesn't like children?

FYI....the word "freakin'" showed up as "foreskin" in my spellcheck just now. Merry Christmas!

No comments: