Wednesday, July 18, 2007

they're real and they're spectacular...


Yes, that's right folks! After being on this planet for almost 32 years (which is an entirely different blog) I finally have great boobs. Barbie's boobs. Breasts. Mammary glands. Jugs. Melons. Tah-Tahs. (God I wonder how many hits I'll get now.) While working on an exhibit at my fine institution about the history of toys, I learned that while I don't have Barbie's minuscule waste, I do have her 36" boobs. My best friend has the original Barbie boobs at a very expansive decollete of 39." That's the early edition. Mine are evidently the 1997 edition. Evidently they went to 36" to make Barbie more "realistic." Of course they didn't do anything about the 18" waist and 33" in hips.

Life Lessons From Barbie

1. Family is Fundamental.
2. Many Girls have the same name, but you can still be an individual.
3. A shortage of Men won't ruin the party: women have superior social etiquette and important galas don't require men in attendance.
4. Alternative Lifestyles are acceptable.
5. It's Cool to Have Many Careers.
6. You Can Have love and work at the same time.
7. Dysfunction and Deformity are a part of life.
8. War is Hell.
9. All homeless must be sheltered.
10. Monogamy can work.


And finally, a helpful hint from Barbie straight from a vintage Barbie commercial......
"On cleaning day always wear lipstick, heals and a smile-just in case that dreamboat you're dating decides to stop by!"


I didin't realize that Barbie was into that kind of stuff.

1 comment:

Southern Martyr said...

the top of her bathing suit looks like eyes... Can I go home yet?