Wednesday, November 07, 2007

gestational periods of mammals: a sampling

I haven't posted in while because, well, because I've been napping. Or peeing. Or eating. Or throwing up. Really. But here are a few numbers I looked up just to keep things in perspective.

Dogs: 9 weeks

Cats: 9 weeks

Fox: 9 weeks

Groundhog: 5 weeks

Hamster: 2.5 weeks

Squirrel: 7 weeks

Bears: around 30 weeks

A whale: More than a year!

Monkey: 20- 40 weeks (depends on specie) - but we should note that monkeys come out able to do stuff, unlike human babies who are pretty helpless, to tell you the truth.

Snowshoe hare: around 6 weeks

Bottle nosed dolphin: 47 weeks

Tiger: around 15 weeks

Indian elephant: 89 weeks!

Zebra: 52 weeks

Camel: 58 weeks

Rhinoceros: 77 weeks!

Puma: 13 weeks

Mouse: 37 weeks

Armadillo: 37 weeks

Hedgehog: 42 weeks

Me: 40 weeks

I've gotten through almost 11 of those weeks. As my personal pregnancy calendar from babyzone reminded me today I only have" 206 more days!" yeah. 206 more days.

No comments: